How we can help
The UK's commitment to support global investment is unparalleled.
Our international network provides a global reach in 170 countries. Staff work to ensure global businesses can invest successfully in the UK.
Our services for investors
Whatever your business size and investment ambition, the Department for International Trade and our partners are here to help.
The Office for Investment
We provide dedicated, concierge style support for high value (£100m+) investments through the Office for Investment. This unit at the heart of Government ensures large investors receive the strongest possible cross government support to realise their UK investment, including accompanied visits and bespoke identification of site options.
With its vast network of industry experts and leaders, DIT can help:
- introduce international institutional investors, such as pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and asset managers, to capital projects that are seeking equity investment – giving quick access to experts to take their interest forward
- provide venture capital funds a landing point through our Venture Capital Unit and make introductions to British start-ups that are fund-raising
- provide support after a business has invested in the UK – providing named ‘account managers’ to assist with expansion and where necessary, resolve investment environment issues
- support invested companies to export, including through our world-class export credit agency, UK Export Finance
- navigate the investment environment – DIT provides specialist advice directly to investors about the business environment in the UK, including tax, access to finance, banking, research and development (R&D), visas and skills
- identify potential sites for your business expansion, especially where there are large or complex site requirements – DIT can provide bespoke site searches and introductions to the local government partners
- compare the UK to other global investment destinations, DIT provides financial modelling to consider quality, risk and profit after tax
- enable understanding of and access to the UK’s broad spectrum of financial and tax incentives available to investors, including through the Free Ports programme
- provide bespoke support to international entrepreneurs considering setting up or relocating to the UK – through a network of mentors, helping make a commercial success of early-stage companies
- locate a partner to suite international investors’ specialist requirements through the use of the UK’s Investment Support Directory
How to expand to the UK
Every year the UK government helps thousands of businesses expand to the UK. Therefore, we can answer common questions on visas, tax breaks and hiring skilled workers.
We’ve prepared these guides to help you understand how to expand to the UK. Any questions? Contact us.
The UK has a straightforward planning process, and incentives to help businesses set up and expand.
The UK government’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) helps high-growth overseas companies relocate to the UK.
Setting up or expanding your business in the UK is straightforward. You can choose how your company operates.
This will allow your business to make and receive payments in the UK without incurring foreign exchange fees.
Whatever your company’s size, the UK offers a range of financing options for your business.
Benefit from the UK’s commitment to world-leading research and development.
There are a range of visa options for investors and businesses looking to expand to the UK.
The UK has a world-class pool of talent and business-friendly employment laws.
The UK has simple, clear laws helping make it the ninth easiest place to do business in the world, accoridng to the World Bank.
Find a UK specialist
The UK Investment Support Directory is a collection of companies that have skills and experience in helping overseas businesses set up or expand in the UK.
To find a specialist, search the directory by entering the skill or service you are looking for in the search bar. You can also filter your search results by expertise in specific services, industry or by regional expertise.
The Department for International Trade’s (DIT) close partnership with regional investment and economic development agencies in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland means it is well placed to be the gateway to help global businesses achieve their investment objectives in all parts of the UK.
We are the second-largest investment destination in the world and are commited to keeping it that way.
Speak to us
The government is identifying new projects across the whole of the UK. Investors who are interested in our projects can find out more by contacting us.Get in touch