Immersive Visualisation and Gamification in Enterprise M3
- With the largest games development cluster outside of London, Guildford is a region that provides access to experienced visualisation and gamification specialists with decades of experience.
- Key institutions in the area include the University of Surrey, the University for the Creative Arts, Royal Holloway and the University of Winchester.
- Dedicated educational programmes in the region include StoryFutures, specialising in creative storytelling and R&D, Surrey Centre for Cyber Security and Surrey Space Centre.
Customers on your doorstep
- The Enterprise M3 corridor is home a number of key businesses often specialising in technology.
- Create immersive applications to enable new R&D processes within aerospace technology.
- Proximity to London Heathrow, the UK’s largest international airport.
- Rail links to London, Birmingham and Oxford. 30 minutes to London Waterloo from Guildford.
This opportunity is:
Costs of labour, industrial property and utilities are highly competitive in the UK.
Supported by government
The UK’s visa system is investor friendly and the Department for International trade offers advice on skills, finance and more.
Business networks and access to funding and academic institutions can help you get established and growing.
Figment Productions was founded in Guildford over 10 years ago. It has grown to deliver hundreds of audio-visual, digital and immersive (VR/AR) projects globally. From film and animation production through to free-roam VR experiences, the production work is varied and cutting-edge, so requires a uniquely skilled team. Being surrounded by some of the biggest names in games development has allowed Figment to flourish by leveraging a huge local talent pool.
“Our project work is often high pressure with tight deadlines and extraordinary technical challenges, so it’s been hugely beneficial that the team are in a place that relieves the stress. Many live locally, so no need to commute and it’s a beautiful town with stunning local countryside, yet we’re within touching distance of London so we can stand toe-to-toe with those companies living in the city.”
“The talent around here is phenomenal, and it feeds into all aspects of life in the town. There are certain pubs you know will have a significant population of AAA game dev talent, and the industry connections into local academia are excellent. Figment has collaborated with many universities in the region, including the world-class computer vision and AI centre, CVSSP at the University of Surrey.”