Fair processing notice for DBT events website
Information provided whilst using this service, including personal information, may be published or disclosed in accordance with access to information regimes, primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and UK Data Protection legislation.
The Department for Business and Trade will process personal data supplied in this service in accordance with the DPA. The information you provide will be processed on a lawful basis in Aventri to enable DBT to perform a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function, and the task or function has a clear basis in law and/or the processing is necessary for a contract DBT have with an individual.
This information will be processed and shared within the department and with selected third parties for purposes connected with DBT performing a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function and the task or function has a clear basis in law, including:
- to manage relationships with businesses the department is supporting to trade or invest internationally
- to promote and manage attendance at international and UK based events
- to identify businesses with the greatest propensity to trade or invest and direct them to the most appropriate events
- to evaluate the impact of trade and investment services
- to better understand the trade and investment environment
- to better understand the domestic and international business landscape
- to process business applications to access trade and investment related advice and services
- to understand barriers to trade and investment
- to design effective and intelligent trade and investment policy, services and make business decisions
From time to time, we may send you information which we feel would benefit your business or would enable DBT to understand your needs and improve our services.
- information on events
Third parties with whom information may be shared are:
- DBT’s events website provider Aventri
- DBT’s delivery partners Bray Leino
- DBT’s overseas delivery partners
- Overseas Buyers
- Event organisers
- Local Enterprise Partnerships and trade bodies
- Devolved Administrations
- Allan Webb – data entry services
- Adetiq – data entry services
- Kantar Public
- UK Export Finance
Aggregated analysis of responses may also be shared with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) the Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA), the National Audit Office (NAO) and DBT’s delivery partner Bray Leino, DBT’s overseas delivery partners, Trade Associations, Overseas Buyers and Event organisers.
Consent will be sought in accordance with the DPA should there be a requirement to share information with any other third parties outside of those listed above. If you want the information you provide to be treated confidentially, please be aware that, in accordance with the FOIA, public authorities are required to comply with a statutory code of practice which deals, amongst other things, with obligations of confidence. In view of this, it would be helpful if you could explain to us why you wish that information to be treated confidentially. If we receive a request for disclosure of that information, we will take full account of your explanation, but we cannot give an assurance that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances.