Fair Processing Notice Business Readiness EU Exit Zendesk
Information provided whilst using this service, including personal information, may be published or disclosed in accordance with access to information regimes, primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
The Department for International Trade will process personal data supplied in this service in accordance with the DPA. The information you provide will be processed on a lawful basis in Zendesk to enable DIT to perform a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function, and the task or function has a clear basis in law and/or the processing is necessary for a contract DIT have with an individual.
This information will be processed and shared within the department and with selected third parties for purposes connected with DIT performing a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function and the task or function has a clear basis in law, including:
- to support businesses who submit queries to the department relating to EU Exit
- to identify recurring queries relating to EU Exit which can be used to inform future service improvements
- to better understand the trade and investment environment
- to understand barriers to trade and investment
- to design effective and intelligent trade and investment policy, services and make business decisions
- to analyse service performance and user experience
Third parties with whom information will be shared are:
- other government departments
- devolved administrations
- local enterprise partnerships
- subcontractors including trade contract delivery partners and inward investment contract deliverer
Aggregated analysis of responses may also be shared with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA), the National Audit Office (NAO) and other government departments including HMRC, BEIS, DExEU, the devolved administrations, local enterprise partnerships and relevant DIT subcontractors.
Consent will be sought in accordance with the DPA should there be a requirement to share information with any other third parties outside of those listed above. If you want the information you provide to be treated confidentially, please be aware that, in accordance with the FOIA, public authorities are required to comply with a statutory code of practice which deals, amongst other things, with obligations of confidence. In view of this, it would be helpful if you could explain to us why you wish that information to be treated confidentially. If we receive a request for disclosure of that information, we will take full account of your explanation, but we cannot give an assurance that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances.