Fair processing notice Export Wins
Information provided whilst using this service, including personal information, may be published or disclosed in accordance with access to information regimes, primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and UK Data Protection legislation.
The Department for International Trade will process personal data supplied in this service in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA). The information you provide will be processed on a lawful basis in Export Wins to enable DIT to perform a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
This information will be shared within the department and with selected third parties for purposes connected with DIT performing a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function and the task or function has a clear basis in law, including:
- Generating CSV files in Data Hub to inform successful export deals
- To record export wins by companies
- To manage the performance of DIT
- To identify and secure international and UK based opportunities
- To evaluate the impact of trade and investment
- To better understand the trade and investment environment
- To better understand the domestic and international business landscape
- To design effective and intelligent trade and investment policy, services and make business decisions
Third parties with whom information will be shared are:
- UK Regional Delivery Partners
- Investment Support Service (ISSs)
Aggregated analysis of responses may also be shared with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) and the National Audit Office (NAO) and ITAs and ISTs.
Consent will be sought in accordance with the DPA should there be a requirement to share information with any other third parties outside of those listed above. If you want the information you provide to be treated confidentially, please be aware that, in accordance with the FOIA, public authorities are required to comply with a statutory code of practice which deals, amongst other things, with obligations of confidence. In view of this, it would be helpful if you could explain to us why you wish that information to be treated confidentially. If we receive a request for disclosure of that information, we will take full account of your explanation, but we cannot give an assurance that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances.