- Use incoterms in contracts
Use incoterms in contracts
You need to make sure shipping responsibilities are written down and clearly understood. International Commercial Terms, or Incoterms, are an internationally accepted system of trading terms for the delivery of goods.
Use incoterms in your contract to define the delivery responsibilities. You’ll need to arrange with the buyer:
- where the goods will be delivered
- who arranges transport
- who handles and pays for insurance
- who handles customs procedures
- who pays any duties and taxes
Read more on international trade contracts and incoterms.
Read a short description of incoterms.