- Business type
- UK business registered in Companies House
- Number of employees
- 51-200 employees
- Core industry
- Legal services
UK registered company – number SO301485
Registered office address:
1 Rutland Court, Edinburgh, Lothian, EH3 8EY
Our approach is client-centred, collaborative and carefully built around a complete understanding of of the needs, challenges and aspirations of our clients.
We provide a complete range of specialist legal services and are consistently highly rated in the legal directories.
The firm has been providing pioneering and innovative legal services to commercial clients and public bodies, as well as private individuals for over 250 years. Amongst our staff of over 240 people we have 21 specialists accredited by the Law Society of Scotland, 7 Solicitor Advocates, 2 part time judges and qualified mediators.
Anderson Strathern has grown its international reach in recent years and now has clients based in the US, South America, China, India and Europe, with client wins including German renewable energy group Ven-to Ludens and Thoni Industriebetriebe, a worldwide manufacturing and engineering group based in Austria.
We were recently selected by Meritas to be their first Scottish legal partner to join their global network. With access to a network of over 180 market-leading law firms in over 90 countries worldwide, our membership gives us an international platform.
Products and services
- Company incorporation, Employment, Immigration, Land use planning, Intellectual property, Data protection and information assurance
- Opening bank accounts, Accounting and tax, Raising capital, Regulatory support, Regulatory support, Mergers and acquisitions
- Human resources
- Staff onboarding, Succession planning
- Management consulting
- Business development, Strategy and long-term planning, Risk consultation
- Aerospace, Advanced manufacturing, Airports, Agriculture, horticulture and fisheries, Automotive, Biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, Business and consumer services, Chemicals, Clothing, footwear and fashion, Communications, Construction, Creative and media, Education and training, Electronics and IT hardware, Environment, Financial and professional services, Food and drink, Giftware, jewellery and tableware, Global sports infrastructure, Healthcare and medical, Household goods, furniture and furnishings, Life sciences, Leisure and tourism, Legal services, Marine, Mechanical electrical and process engineering, Metallurgical process plant, Metals, minerals and materials, Mining, Oil and gas, Ports and logistics, Power, Railways, Renewable energy, Retail and luxury, Security, Software and computer services, Textiles, interior textiles and carpets, Water
- North East, North West, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, West Midlands, East of England, London, South East, South West, Scotland, Wales
- Cantonese, English, French, Gaelic, German, Inupiaq, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish