- Business type
- UK business registered in Companies House
- Number of employees
- 11-50 employees
- Core industry
- Business and consumer services
UK registered company – number 06988602
Registered office address:
1 Cottage Terrace Cottage Terrace, The Ropewalk, Nottingham, NG1 5DX
We are Octopus, the global Competitive Intelligence Agency.
We Create Certainty & Competitive Advantage So You Can Dominate Markets & Beat Your Competitors.
Products and services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Management consulting
- Commercial and pricing strategy, Strategy and long-term planning, Risk consultation
- Aerospace, Advanced manufacturing, Airports, Agriculture, horticulture and fisheries, Automotive, Biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, Business and consumer services, Chemicals, Clothing, footwear and fashion, Communications, Construction, Creative and media, Education and training, Electronics and IT hardware, Environment, Financial and professional services, Food and drink, Giftware, jewellery and tableware, Global sports infrastructure, Healthcare and medical, Household goods, furniture and furnishings, Life sciences, Leisure and tourism, Legal services, Marine, Mechanical electrical and process engineering, Metallurgical process plant, Metals, minerals and materials, Mining, Oil and gas, Ports and logistics, Power, Railways, Renewable energy, Retail and luxury, Security, Software and computer services, Textiles, interior textiles and carpets, Water
- North East, North West, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, West Midlands, East of England, London, South East, South West, Scotland, Wales
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Myanmar (Burma), Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Democratic Republic), Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Bahamas, The Gambia, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Octopus intelligence case studies
Competitor Analysis Case Study Shows How we Increased
We hope that is Competitor Analysis case study shows that our client acknowledged that they were uncertain about their competitor. But respected them enough to change that.
How a Fintech Reduced Customer Churn Using Competitive Intel
You know how you are building a great SaaS platform. Investors are banging on your door to give you money for your development. Sign-ups are increasing daily. Then it stopped
How Competitive Intelligence Helped Transform a British Icon
You know how some industry sectors have household name brands? And seem to have changed very little over a hundred years?
How Competitive Intelligence and Corporate Investigations Pr
Our investigations showed how an investment opportunity wasn’t what it seemed. This case study shows how our services provided our client peace of mind. And stopped a substantial loss of funds.
Logistics Competitor Research Case Study
You know how you supply materials across the UK to a network of distribution centres? And you are getting very good at it. You start picking up other organisations stock.
How Competitive Intelligence Isolated Opportunities and Inte
You know how you want to expand from an already booming market place? And you see many new markets getting an inferior product offering? And you know customers would love what you do?
How Competitive Intelligence Helped a Software Provider
You when you have a pretty big competitor. And it’s taking market share from you. And you know your product is so much better. Your UX is cutting edge while theirs is ten years old and dated.
CCTV Technology Market Analysis Case Study
A well-known security company was keen to gain a better understanding of its market. We were asked to research and conduct an in-depth analysis of the best names in the world.
SaaS Company Competitor Analysis Case Study
A newly funded Silicon Valley SaaS company wanted to take the world by storm. But the trouble was they had a number competitors who had achieved significant investment.
Military Technology Company Competitor Analysis Case Study
How we helped an electronics company under threat from their competitor.
Textile reshoring Market Analysis Case Study
A group of investors asked Octopus to produce an overview of the UK textile industry. So, we were told to cut through the politics and associated noise to examine the size, state, as well as viability
How Competitive Intelligence Revealed a New Market For an Oi
You know how you are a successful Oil & Gas specialist equipment provider with offices in Aberdeen, Dallas and Jakarta. And you work in a very niche market associated with the drilling.
Social Media Competitor Analysis and Win-Loss Analysis
A well-known media platform with a traditionally high user growth monthly subscriber rate of around 35% suddenly witnessed its growth rate drop off a cliff overnight.
Consumer Electronics Competitor Analysis Case Study
Working to a very tight deadline, they wanted an understanding of the key competitor’s organisational structure and culture. Also, gain an understanding of their sales strategy and sales teams
Aircraft manufacturer Market Analysis case study
This PLC helicopter equipment manufacturer asked us to take a look at its sector. It was not confident of its full potential and was unsure if it wanted to put more cash into a specific area.
Investor Market Analysis Case Study
Read how we helped investors by arming them with unique information. We worked with a group of investors taking a look at a new market.
Automotive Manufacturer Market Intelligence Case Study
An ambitious Birmingham-based car parts manufacturer wanted to enter new markets. They were losing market share to rivals from the Far East, namely, China, Vietnam, and the United States.
Global Law Firm Market Analysis Case Study
A traditionally highly successful global legal firm was haemorrhaging business within a critical finance sector. Mergers were going on all around them, and its marketing team needed to find out why.
Military Communication Competitor Research Case Study
A leading UK military communications PLC wanted to know its competitors better. It was losing business to new market entrants,
Security Product Competitor Analysis Case Study
Best in class product struggling to gain market share. An antivirus protection software company that created best in class threat detection software.
Competitive Intelligence Reveals How a Competitor Was Taking
Competitive Intelligence Reveals How a Competitor Was Taking Market Share. With this case study, we show how our services provided our client with greater certainty.
How Competitive Intelligence Increased the Understanding
How Competitive Intelligence Increased the Understanding of Competitor Production Levels. How our offering provided our client with greater certainty and stopped them from increasing their production
Market revealed to be too small to be profitable
We revealed a bigger market and showed a competitor was not all it was cracked up to be.
How Competitor Intelligence Increased Sales For a FM company
his case study is called How Competitor Intelligence increased sales for a Facilities Management company. And it explains how easy it is to take your clients for granted.