Precision Agriculture in the West Midlands
- The UK agritech industry is worth 14 billion GBP and employs over 500,000 people.
- World leader in developing technologies that improve productivity and reduce pressure on scarce resources.
- As part of the Industrial Strategy, the UK Government has committed to being at the forefront of the global move to high-efficiency agriculture.
Rich in skills and experience
- Agricultural workforce of over 42,000, with one in four educated to degree level.
- Major concentration of farmers.
- Harper Adams University near Telford is an award-winning leader in agritech, pioneering schemes such as the world’s first Hands Free Hectare project.
This opportunity is:
Costs of labour, industrial property and utilities are highly competitive in the UK.
Supported by government
The UK’s visa system is investor friendly and the Department for International Trade offers advice on skills, finance and more.
Business networks and access to funding and academic institutions can help you get established and growing.
UPL Ltd. is the fifth largest crop protection company in the World and a global leader in biosolutions for sustainable agriculture, with a presence in 138 countries and employing over 10,000 staff. UPL has 26 R&D facilities worldwide, including a 70 ha field station – which serves their North Europe business - located close to Harper Adams University.
KUHN’s award winning UK parts department has been based in Telford for over 50 years and has expanded its team by 25% over the past 4 years. They are able to provide peace of mind to farmers and contractors alike, with fast delivery times achievable due to their central location in the UK.
Earth Rover is an agri-robotics company located at the AgriEPI Centre Midlands Hub. They are on a mission to make affordable, chemical-free fresh produce the new norm.