USA - Request for Interested Manufacturers of the Compass Control (NSN 5821-01-316-2739; PN 2589386-907)
For more information and to make a bid you will need to go to the third party website.
- Opportunity closing date
- 11 September 2019
- Opportunity publication date
- 28 August 2019
- Value of contract
- to be confirmed
- Your guide to exporting
Added: Aug 27, 2019 2:52 pm
Sources Sought Synopsis
(Request for Interested Manufacturers)
FROM: Rebecca Danson/411 SCMS/GULAB
TO: DLA Aviation Procurement Operations at Warner Robins (SPRWA1)
LOCATION: Robins AFB, GA 31098-1813
FBO Post Title: Request for Interested Manufacturers of the Compass Control (NSN 5821-01-316-2739; PN 2589386-907)
SUBJECT: Market research is being conducted to identify potential sources that may possess the expertise, capabilities, and experience to meet the requirements for qualification and production of the Compass Control (NSN 5821-01-316-2739; PN 2589386-907).
ITEM DESCRIPTION: The Compass Control is utilized on the Air Force HH-60G helicopter. The HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopter is a variant of the Army's UH-60 Black Hawk with a primary mission purpose of Personnel Recovery (PR) with a primary emphasis on Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR). The HH-60G conducts day and night combat search and rescue operations into hostile environments to recover downed aircrew or other isolated personnel in austere and unfriendly territory. Because of its versatility, the HH-60G is also tasked to perform military operations other than war including civil search and rescue, emergency medical evacuation, disaster relief, international aid, and counter drug activities. This part, which is located on the instrument panel, provides a stabilized aircraft heading signal through 360 degrees of azimuth. The heading signal is supplied by a precision transmitter synchro to drive indicators and other navigational or accessory equipment. This part is capable of operating as a magnetically slaved directional gyro in a
SLAVED mode or as a free directional gyro with latitude correction in a FREE gyro mode.
IMPEDIMENT TO COMPETITION: The original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for this item is as follows:
Honeywell International Inc. DBA Honeywell
9201 SAN MATEO BLVD. NE
ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87113-2227
The Government possesses limited data, drawings, schematics, or any other releasable technical data in support of this requirement. The OEM no longer repairs this part and has not provided the technical data to allow the Government to compete new production from other sources. This SSS is intended to survey the open market and potentially identify additional sources.
If one company responds and possesses the capability to produce the Compass Control, the DLA/AWB Contracting Office intends to award a sole source contract to that company in support of the HH-60G helicopter program. If more than one company responds, the Contracting Office will proceed with a competitive effort. Interested parties may identify their interest and capability by responding to this requirement no later than 30 days following the release of this SSS. Responses should be emailed to Rebecca Danson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This sources sought synopsis is for informational purposes only. This is not a request for proposal. It does not constitute a solicitation, and shall not be construed as a commitment by the government. Responses in any form are not offers, and the government is under no obligation to award a contract as a result of this announcement. No funds are available to pay for preparation of responses to this announcement. Any information submitted by respondents to this technical description is strictly voluntary.
CONTRACTOR CAPABILITY SURVEY
NOUN NSN P/N
Compass Control 5821-01-316-2739 2589386-907
Part I. Business Information
Please provide the following business information for your company/institution and for any teaming or joint venture partners:
• Company/Institute Name:
• Point of Contact:
• CAGE Code:
• Phone Number:
• E-mail Address:
• Web Page URL:
• Size of business pursuant to North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code: 334511
Based on the above NAICS Code, state whether your company is:
Small Business (Yes / No)
Woman Owned Small Business (Yes / No)
Small Disadvantaged Business (Yes / No)
8(a) Certified (Yes / No)
HUBZone Certified (Yes / No)
Veteran Owned Small Business (Yes / No)
Service Disabled Veteran Small Business (Yes / No)
Central Contractor Registration (CCR). (Yes / No)
A statement as to whether your company is domestically or foreign owned (if foreign, please indicate the country of ownership).
Written responses, via e-mails, must be received no later than close of business 11 SEP 2019. Please e-mail your response to: email@example.com
Questions relative to this market research should be addressed to the Government Logistics Manager, Rebecca Danson, (478) 222-0939 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org .
Part II. Capability Survey Questions
General Capability Questions:
1. Describe briefly the capabilities of your facility and nature of the goods and/or services you provide. Include a description of your staff composition and management structure.
2. Describe your company's past experience on previous projects similar in complexity to this requirement. Include contract numbers, a brief description of the work performed, period of performance, agency/organization supported, and individual point of contact (Contracting Officer or Program Manager).
3. Describe your company's experience in repairing the Part Number/NSNs listed above.
4. Do you have experience with generating, handling, manufacturing, testing, or repair of classified data, material, or information for the government? Yes / No
5. Describe your company's capabilities and experience in generating technical data, engineering drawings and manuals. Identify what software programs are utilized to generate these data products and what formats are available for delivered items.
6. What is your company's current maximum repair capacity per month? Provide information on any facility reserves you may possess to increase repair capacity in the event of an immediate need do to critical operational mission requirements.
7. What quality assurance processes and test qualification practices does your company employ? Provide a description of your quality program (ISO 9001, AS9100, etc.).
a. Provide a detailed quality plan implementing AS9100 (or equivalent).
1. Describe your capabilities and experience in modifying existing systems/equipment (hardware and software) to solve maintenance and support problems in the depot environment.
2. Describe your capabilities and experience in developing/modifying production procedures. Include associated upgrade of technical orders and preparation of new technical orders.
3. Demonstrate your ability and experience in manufacturing of the same or similar components, which are currently in use on commercial or military helicopters by providing the following information on the same or similar items:
a) Contract Number
b) Procuring Agency
c) Contract Value
d) Number of assets shipped
4. Provide your commercial manual(s) or Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and your rights to these manuals and or ATP used in the depot level repair and functional check of these or similar assets for Government Engineer review.
5. Describe your capabilities and experience in test, evaluation, repair or maintenance procedures.
6. Describe your configuration management processes and how you identify and resolve parts obsolescence and diminishing manufacturing sources problems?
7. Discuss your process for addressing any form, fit, and or function issues that may arise out of this effort
8. Describe your process for maintaining inventory records and reporting on hand/work-in-process balances and production status to your customer.
9. Include a detailed listing of facilities and equipment, including quantities, required to satisfy the requirements of this effort.
1. Provide an outline of the proposed process, including inspections.
i. State the type of test procedures are anticipated for this effort.
ii. State the type of inspection processes anticipated for this effort.
2. Destructive testing/inspection.
10. How will your organization address the absence of drawings, specifications, technical data, test procedures, etc.
11. If the item cannot be manufactured new or repaired in total, state what your organization can repair.
12. State any technology insertion ideas for the item that would be suitable for this effort.
13. Discuss any reverse engineering or item replacement opportunities that may be present.
1. Is there established catalog or market prices for our requirement?
2. If you offer this product and/or service to both U.S. Government and commercial sources, is the same workforce used for both the U.S. Government and general public?
3. Is our requirement offered to both under similar terms and conditions? Briefly describe any differences.
4. Describe your standard warranty and return process for goods and services furnished to the government for items similar in nature to this requirement.
- Opportunity closing date
- 11 September 2019
- Value of contract
- to be confirmed
About the buyer
- Department of the Air Force PK/PZ - Robins AFB United States
The deadline to apply for this opportunity has passed.
Visit the opportunities page to find another.