Understand your customer's culture
A profitable business relationship needs trust. Taking an interest in the culture of your customer helps build trust and shows you are serious about a long-term relationship.
Spend time researching culture, customs and behaviours including:
- how people greet each other
- body language and gestures
- what people wear in different situations
- giving and receiving business cards
- giving and receiving gifts
- how meetings are conducted
- what to include in a presentation
Not being prepared could lead to a misunderstanding that affects your business relationship.