If your business exports or deliver goods and services internationally, the Department for International Trade (DIT) can offer free export-related support to help you.
Tailored export advice
Our local trade teams can help you by providing guidance and support tailored to your needs.
Depending on your circumstances, we could provide support on:
- export strategy and planning
- identifying new market opportunities
- introductions to new supply chains
- sales and marketing, including market knowledge and identifying possible business partners
- access to trade events, missions and webinars
- product and service development, including innovation, IP (intellectual property) and standards
- export operations, including legal and regulatory issues, export controls, documentation, logistics and distribution
- e-commerce to help optimise your online presence and international exposure through online marketplaces
- getting paid and export finance
You may also be able to speak to an International Trade Adviser (ITA), depending on your situation and the support you require.
If you are a VAT-registered business and currently export, or would like to explore exporting as an opportunity, we could help you. Get in touch with your local trade team.
Exporting to Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia
If you’re a UK business selling goods or services, you can contact the UK government export support team online.
You can ask any question for your business, including on:
- exporting to new markets
- paperwork you need to sell your goods abroad
- rules for a specific country where you want to sell services