The CPTPP is recognised as one of the world’s most progressive free trade agreements with ambitious provisions for digital trade, e-commerce, trade in services and protection of intellectual property. The trade deal contains high standards for sustainability, anti-corruption and improving workers’ rights.
The 11 CPTPP signatories boast dynamic economies representing a combined £9 trillion in GDP, which will increase to £11 trillion once the UK joins.
We have been formally negotiating accession to CPTPP since 2 June 2021 and substantially concluded negotiations in March of this year. Joining will strengthen international ties and economic relationships between the UK and the Indo-Pacific region. Through our accession we hope to achieve:
- Enhanced export opportunities, including lower tariffs on exported goods and improved access to services markets
- More access to high-quality consumer goods
- Easier investment opportunities
- Fighting unfair trading practices around the world to support businesses across the UK
How can we help?
We offer practical support and expertise with our vast network of industry experts in the UK and around the world. Our advisers can help:
- find the products or services you’re looking for,
- connect you with customers and suppliers,
- provide the latest market intelligence,
- and answer any questions to help you understand how to trade with the UK.
Why the UK?
- The second-largest investment destination in the world.
- Leaders in innovation and R&D: the UK’s commitment to world-leading R&D ranks us 4th in the Global Innovation Index 2022.
- Business-friendly environment: the UK is the ninth easiest place to do business in the world according to World Bank, with a single corporate tax rate of 19% and generous incentives for innovation.
- Diverse pool of talent: the UK is home to four of the world’s top ten universities and has a world-class pool of skilled workers.
Set up a business and invest in the UK
Discover investment opportunities and learn how your business can expand to the UK.
Buy from the UK
Find exceptional and creative UK trade partners with our Find a Supplier service.
Find out more about UK industries
From Technology and FinTech to Food & Drink, the UK is home to a diverse range of high-growth industries that propel businesses to success.