Population: 3.709 million (2021) World Bank
Currency: Georgian Lari (GEL)
Time: UTC+4 (GET)
- The country offers stable and transparent business environment with a simple taxation system on imports: 0%, 5% or 12% depending on goods/ services imported.
- Georgia’s Free Trade Agreements with the UK, EU, China, Turkey, Ukraine and the Commonwealth of Independent States make it an ideal regional hub for exporters wanting access to the whole region.
Renewables and Energy Infrastructure
- There has been significant increase in recent years in the volume and value of products in the energy space.
- Engineering and consulting services for wind, solar, and emerging green hydrogen, as well as equipment and project management for subsea interconnection projects are all in high demand.
- Anaklia Deep Sea Port will be a world-class port complex for Georgia on the Black Sea and position it as a vital point of trade to and from Central Asia.
- The development and construction of the port offers fantastic opportunities for British businesses in the ports development and management sector, as well as in infrastructure and supply chain management.
Education, Cultural Heritage and Museums
- The UK remains Georgia’s preferred partner, welcoming value-added expertise.
To learn more about the UK’s trade relationship with Georgia, visit hereopens www.gov.uk in a new tab and contact EECAN.ExportHub@fcdo.gov.uk to discuss the opportunities in the region.