The Business Integrity Support Service
Companies that do business in emerging markets must be aware of the risks of bribery and corruption.
The UK government has launched the Business Integrity Support Service to help companies prepare for and reduce these risks.
The service provides access to consultancy at a reduced fee. It’s available for companies doing business in Africa or Asia. It offers up to five days of consultancy for first-time users, which can be spread over two months.
Find out if your company is eligible
The service is available to importers, exporters and foreign investors in Africa and Asia.
You may also apply if your company has plans to do business with Africa or Asia in the future.
To receive the service, your company must:
- employ between 10 and 250 people
- have a turnover between £9 million and £44 million
How much will your company have to pay?
Your company will be expected to pay a percentage of the total cost of the service. This is calculated by the size of the company.
Small companies pay 20% of the total cost.
Medium sized companies pay 40% of the total cost.
Company A has 25 employees, a turnover of £15m and exports to Morocco. It applies for 3 days support.
The total fee is £4,500. Company A pays £1,800. The rest is paid by the UK government.
These figures are for illustrative purposes. Actual fees depend on the type of service required.
How to apply
To apply for the Business Integrity Support Service, check your company’s eligibility and then download an application form.
When you’ve completed the form, email it to the Business Integrity Hub.
Terms and conditions
At times we may prioritise applications from companies who:
- export, import or invest in Kenya or Pakistan
- consent for us to use their information in a case study
By receiving this service, you agree:
- that the government and consultant will not be liable for any loss of profits, business, revenue or goodwill
- that the government and consultant will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature
- to report evidence or allegations of bribery and corruption to the National Crime Agency and the Serious Fraud Office
- to provide feedback about the service
This service does not offer legal advice in the event of bribery.
As part of your application, we will sign you up to the monthly newsletter. To opt out, please email us.
For more information about doing business with integrity, you might find it useful to read our advice about: